Jaagriti is a youth-led, youth focused, volunteer driven initiative for improving lives of the migrant underprivileged communities. For volunteering or any queries, please write to anchit@jaagriti.org.in or visit us at www.jaagriti.org.in.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

A dream comes true......

It was in class 11th when I saw a presentation by Mobile Creches on what work they are doing for the welfare of poor children at various construction sites in Delhi, children who are otherwise left unattended and there is no one to take care of them. Their work was really inspiring and influenced many lives. It was then when i decided that whatever I achieve in my life I will always make sure to give back to my society and will work for the welfare of small poor children whenever i get the opportunity to do so. I had a dream to set up a small school for these children. A school where they are not only provided basic education but are also taught the values of life and how to face the difficult challenges which life throws at them. But I never thought that this dream will come true so soon and here I am going to set up a small virtual school this weekend for the education of poor children at a construction site in Dwarka. And all this has been possible because of the strong urge which I always had within me (and it kept on getting stronger day by day) to do some thing good for these poor kids and be counted and also because of the support of all my fellow volunteers at AID-Delhi - Selva, Puneet, Arun, Anirban, Anuj, Shruti and many others who always kept on appreciating my work and kept on motivating me to continue the good work which I am doing.

Thanks to all and thanks to god for making this dream a reality !! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The World of JAAGRITI Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino