Jaagriti is a youth-led, youth focused, volunteer driven initiative for improving lives of the migrant underprivileged communities. For volunteering or any queries, please write to anchit@jaagriti.org.in or visit us at www.jaagriti.org.in.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Volunteer Experience Sharing..By Jasraman

Happy Independence Day. My first day with Jaagriti and my first celebration with them! The day began at 9 and I found my self surrounded by enthusiastic lot of young friends. I was on a different high for almost an hour, realizing and grasping the activities revolving around. It was a call and ultimately I was one with them. What amazed me was the simplicity in everything. Whether it was an interactive session between the kids and the volunteers; ease of holding crayons and paint brushes by kids who were simple in their creations and yet so real; the balloon session; the sound of music in their own melodious voices and bringing the lighter side out by sharing jokes that brought smile to all. Followed by flag hoisting and singing of our National Anthem; distribution of sweets and prizes for the art. The highlight of the day was to leave our palm impressions on the chart in tricolour. It looked a Master Piece! Thank you Jaagriti for this opportunity and my appreciation is ever growing.

Regards,

Jasraman Sayal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The World of JAAGRITI Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino