Jaagriti is a youth-led, youth focused, volunteer driven initiative for improving lives of the migrant underprivileged communities. For volunteering or any queries, please write to anchit@jaagriti.org.in or visit us at www.jaagriti.org.in.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Anurag shares his experience...

My association with Jaagriti is recent. But I must say that Anchit and team have managed to not only impress me, but also motivate me in this very short period of time. Why is that?

All of us "middle class, working" young men / women keep saying t
hat the country is going to the dogs, there is so much poverty and nothing is being done. But none of us does anything.

Like Anchit mentioned in my first Jaagriti meeting, "Raaste mein bheekh maangte huye chote bacche ko dekhoge, to ek minute ke liye taras aayega. Phir 3 minute baad bhool jaoge".

I respect the Jaagriti team for actually moving over from the "
just feeling bad" stage to "actively doing something" stage. Also, the idea of helping the impacted children transition from a temporary education system to the formal education system of schools is commendable.


Keep up the good work team. And I am glad to be part of the team.

Anurag
Dutta

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The World of JAAGRITI Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino